Cirque du Ciel runs good quality well structured workshops teaching circus skills, acrobalance, acrobatic dance, tightrope, clowning (improvisation based) drumming, games / parachute games, facepainting, balloon modelling and performance days.
These can run from 1.5-2 hours, for a whole day, or a whole week or even as an ongoing club and we regularily work with extended schools. We try and include opportunities for the children to show their skills.
We are very adaptable and can plan sessions so they are inclusive and suit your childrens age / needs.
Our tutors are very good at;
- Making sure activities are safe but challenging
- Running fun child centered activities
- Making sure children feel successful
- Working with very disadvantaged youngsters in a positive way
- Running exciting activities for children of all ages and on occasion their families too.
- Drop in workshops for events
We have been run successful workshops for schools, heath service, Barnardos, CN4C, Youth Clubs, Scouts, Guides, Brownies, events, hotels and caravan parks.
A recent study by Cirque du Ciel in partnership with The Marine Academy indicated very strongly that children are much happier and more confident after a circus course by Cirque du Ciel. Some children also feel heathier as a result.
As we are a circus charity any profit we make from commercial bookings goes back into supporting our work with disadvantaged children.